Skip to main content

Fall and Thanksgiving Cards

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=120oJeuGy4LvI61nu1EHt_O8CT1GfPS-j
Some card-making supplies.

Hey, ya'll. Watch out while I throw it in reverse with this post and share some fun Fall and Thanksgiving-themed cards with you. I've been in the mood for Christmas and skipped right over some of the cards I've made for fall.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1onCuzj2AiqzSRlPu0aob-9Qt1reSii7r
Micheal's Recollections fall paper pad. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1tinWKq3tiWywbrpQnu45ct4aeDbUGfis
Coco & Reno Sentiment stamps

 These cards are all A2 size and were made using paper I picked up from Micheal's, Recollection's "Fall Orchard" pad. The other elements I've utilized are some of my Spellbinders dies and glimmer plate. The main background is a die called "Oval Coronet" that I've had for quite some time. It's fairly ornate and formal but I think it works well in this casual design also. I used Spellbinders "Stitched Fall Leaves" small die of the month for September 2022, and the Glimmer of the month from October 2021, "Glimmering Autumn Woods". The sentiments are from Coco & Reno. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cYevSnm8hoxJG9ZInqSiXI-q98onM4L5
A heat-embossed maple leaf and dry embossed glimmer leaves.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1pLVWpg2J9KubtiDHS_GgA7G-9JVW73xe
Some foiling and dry embossing with the glimmer plates. 


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1hH6IcjqEiXouSIblZqb4r6rwEcYL8eif
A combination of heat embossing with two different powders and foiling on the acorn.  
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vrtNYrCKnAfMGxCUKhjVptaX1jlomp2E
Foiling, gold card stock, and lunar paste on the acorn. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16KvBKwoZpKaHJTtdvsBVPMxiYXzMnp_t
Foiling, gold cardstock on one leaf, dry embossing with glimmer plates, and some lunar paste on the acorn. 

I experimented with different techniques and mediums, combining different embossing powders on one leaf to achieve a gradient of color like natural leaves have in the fall. I used some distressed oxides on some leaves and lunar paste here and there. Many leaves were meant to be stitched with embroidery thread, but since I lacked the patients at the time, I just made them shimmer. I also used the glimmer plates as embossing plates which caused some of my card stock to crack in places, but I kinda like the look of it. 

I did the process of foiling, die cutting, coloring, and embossing the individual leaves before I had a design in mind. I suppose you could call it "intuitive" card-making. It was fun, relaxing and I created a decent finished product. Win, win, win. 

Thanks for stopping in and checking out my latest creative endeavor. If you like what you see, hop on over to my Instagram, @craftinbish, and give a follow. Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tools for New Paper Crafters

Are you a new paper crafter?         Hi crafty friends! If you're here checking out my blog it's because you're a paper enthusiast like me. Today's discussion is for those who are new to the world of paper crafting and are curious about what basic supplies every paper crafter needs in their arsenal to make beautiful pieces they'll love and want to share. Here are my top five supplies or supply groups, that have made all the difference in my creations.      The staples of my craft room are scissors, glues and adhesives, paper, and ink. If you're going to make cards, art journals, collages, or create happy mail you'll need these basic items to get started. Stamps are also another important staple in the craft room, but we'll leave that for another post.  1. Cut   You'll need a large pair of scissors to make bigger cuts for things like taking images out of a magazine. You'll also need a smaller pair for fussy cutting or doing detailed cuts in tight

Floral Gold Foiled Greeting Cards

Spellbinders Glimmer of the Month November 2022 Good morning crafty friends. Today I'm sharing with you cards I've made using the Spellbinders glimmer of the month for November 2022, "Glimmer Edge Stylized Floral". One of my favorite features of this month's glimmer plate is that the design is all connected in one piece instead of having separate pieces to manage. This makes foiling and die-cutting a breeze since there's no fussing with aligning all the elements perfectly during the process. You're able to use less foil and cardstock with this design. Thanks, Spellbinders for the efficiency. I also used Spellbinders embossing folder of the month for Nov. 22 to create the background panel. All these cards are A2 size.  Reverse foiling technique colored with distressed oxides. In this first design, I used a reverse foiling technique and a solid plate to pull the leftover image off an already-used piece of foil. I didn't get the foil transfer

“Sew Happy” Card Kit of the Month

Shaker card.  Hey, y’all! I hope everyone is doing well and having lots of fun creating beautiful things. For today's post, I’m backtracking to September 2022 card kit of the month from Spellbinders called “Sew Happy”. This card kit is filled with craft-themed items to create your cards. I made close to 40 cards with all the bits and bobs from the kit!! I'm never disappointed with the value of these card kits.  The card above and below are shaker cards I created using chipboard embroidery hoops included in the kit and a few pieces of acetate from my stash. The card base on top is one from my stash and the base on the bottom is one included in the kit. The only other elements I've added from my supplies are the glitter pieces inside the embroidery hoops and the Pops of Color and Nuvo drops. I appreciate the variety of pieces that are included in the kits because you're able to make cards in so many different styles.  Shaker card. Spellbinders "Sew Happy" Septem