Skip to main content

Embellished postcard

     

Hey friends, Happy Valentines day!  I hope you're all doing great. I have a quick little project to share with you. I made this embellished postcard to send a lovely swap-bot partner for a homemade postcard swap. If you're into snail mail or need something to do with all your accumulated craft projects check out their website at swap-bot.com.  

For this project I started out by grabbing a postcard blank. I bought a bunch of blank postcards from Amazon years ago. They are the exact right dimensions and weight for designing your own postcards and have a blank front. 

  • The postcard image in purple is Coco and Reno's "snail mail" photopolymer stamp. I stamped the image twice using my Misti stamping tool.
  • After putting my base design down I gathered die cuts from my precut stash that would coordinate with the snail mail theme.
  •  TIP: Accumulate extra die cuts from projects in a die cut stash. I always end up cutting more die cuts then I need when doing projects so I save them in a box for times like this. I can easily put something together without cleaning off my desk and hauling out my die cutting machine. 👅
  •  I first stuffed the large polka dot envelope with lavender, white and dark purple floral die cuts. The large envelope is mounted with my favorite dollar store foam tape. (Technically it's a dollar twenty five store now).
  •  I found some tiny doily's in my stash and layered them, one inside the envie and one on the outside. 


  • I put a few floral pieces under the large envelope and added the sealed envie with flowers growing from the top onto the front of the envelope. Looks good! 
  • Moving to the other side of the card, I added the vellum floral die cuts and butterfly, both from Spellbinders.
  •  The type writer was the perfect addition to the collection of items and I mounted that with some foam tape. (The large polka dot envelope, smaller sealed envelope and type writer are all coordinating dies with the "snail mail" set from Coco and Reno.) 


  • The stamp in the upper right corner is pieced together with little pieces from my die cut stash. 
  • Finishing touches are tiny heart stickers from Pipsticks and a random assortment of sequins from my collection.  

  • Now that the postcard is completed,  I slipped it into a plastic sleeve to protect it and ensure it gets to it's recipient safely. I added my message, addressed the card and hit it with a few of my favorite rubber stamps I got off a website called buyoly.com. The stamps are opaque because I used a chalk ink. I chose non-machinable postage because I'm assuming the post office will  have to handle this card by hand as it would jam up the mail machine.  I hope it arrives in one piece! 




Thanks so much for checking out my blog today. I hope this has given you some inspiration for your next crafting project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tools for New Paper Crafters

Are you a new paper crafter?         Hi crafty friends! If you're here checking out my blog it's because you're a paper enthusiast like me. Today's discussion is for those who are new to the world of paper crafting and are curious about what basic supplies every paper crafter needs in their arsenal to make beautiful pieces they'll love and want to share. Here are my top five supplies or supply groups, that have made all the difference in my creations.      The staples of my craft room are scissors, glues and adhesives, paper, and ink. If you're going to make cards, art journals, collages, or create happy mail you'll need these basic items to get started. Stamps are also another important staple in the craft room, but we'll leave that for another post.  1. Cut   You'll need a large pair of scissors to make bigger cuts for things like taking images out of a magazine. You'll also need a smaller pair for fussy cutting or doing detailed cuts in tight

Floral Gold Foiled Greeting Cards

Spellbinders Glimmer of the Month November 2022 Good morning crafty friends. Today I'm sharing with you cards I've made using the Spellbinders glimmer of the month for November 2022, "Glimmer Edge Stylized Floral". One of my favorite features of this month's glimmer plate is that the design is all connected in one piece instead of having separate pieces to manage. This makes foiling and die-cutting a breeze since there's no fussing with aligning all the elements perfectly during the process. You're able to use less foil and cardstock with this design. Thanks, Spellbinders for the efficiency. I also used Spellbinders embossing folder of the month for Nov. 22 to create the background panel. All these cards are A2 size.  Reverse foiling technique colored with distressed oxides. In this first design, I used a reverse foiling technique and a solid plate to pull the leftover image off an already-used piece of foil. I didn't get the foil transfer

“Sew Happy” Card Kit of the Month

Shaker card.  Hey, y’all! I hope everyone is doing well and having lots of fun creating beautiful things. For today's post, I’m backtracking to September 2022 card kit of the month from Spellbinders called “Sew Happy”. This card kit is filled with craft-themed items to create your cards. I made close to 40 cards with all the bits and bobs from the kit!! I'm never disappointed with the value of these card kits.  The card above and below are shaker cards I created using chipboard embroidery hoops included in the kit and a few pieces of acetate from my stash. The card base on top is one from my stash and the base on the bottom is one included in the kit. The only other elements I've added from my supplies are the glitter pieces inside the embroidery hoops and the Pops of Color and Nuvo drops. I appreciate the variety of pieces that are included in the kits because you're able to make cards in so many different styles.  Shaker card. Spellbinders "Sew Happy" Septem