Skip to main content

Spellbinders Diamond & Arch Motif Cards

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16Pc52TpZFNoZYGDME0eLe6w9RHE-_7zh
Gatefold card embellished with Nuvo Jewel drops.

Hey, crafty cuties. Here are some of my latest card designs using Spellbinders Clear stamp of the month for November 2022 and the coordinating die of the month. This design is so pretty. It reminds me of something that would be tooled in leather, on a saddle, or on a pair of boots or a purse. I used alcohol markers to color the design in and stamped them all with versa fine ink before heat embossing with a clear powder. I used the embossing folder of the month from Spellbinders for November 2022, with the exception of the blue gatefold card pictured above. That embossing folder is from Spellbinders clubs in August 2022. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1hMp2DupSNwT-Qa4efNUKGkW-ze1ATgQZ
Looks better in person, haha.

I thought mounting this arch on black card stock with some gold highlighting around it would be really striking. I think it looks better in person. I used Gold lunar paste to create a halo around the design and Nuvo Glitter accents in "winter cranberry" for some red embellishments. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kLkr5uhMlWmqrbOtx37NLOKgrYkenLGC
Does this have an old-west feel to it, or is it just me? 

The craft paper panel may be my favorite combination out of this batch. I used some Distressed Oxide in Walnut Stain to age the edges of the arch die cut and laid some down on my embossed panel. I finished this baby off with some gold sequins. There are flecks of gold in my clear embossing powder, which the camera doesn't capture, so all of these designs have some golden shimmer. I might have to try adding some clear glitter into my embossing powder next time and see what happens. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iDDEc64hnzMb07ggCMTZzQP_X6pBTSTo
This color combination may be a new favorite. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Yn9E9A4lMg-MM8qfe14F2486KKh4xUy3
Don't you love the clarity of these Nuvo drops?! In shade "Aqua Plains".
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1DaBSmgbypOEMfMvahXlsKnQtcjwBeeN_
I'm loving the gatefold card. 

I used some "glitter gold" Pops of Color and rubbed them on with my finger for this background and then embellished it some more using "orange sherbert" Pops of Color. This card kind of looks like it has chicken pox, but that's okay. It happens to the best of us. HA!


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1E-d9XbKgOouzyb0CiQhmJxH-5sou54nL
Spellbinders Clear stamp of the month "Diamond and Arch Motif" November 2022

I stamped a whole mess of these babies and heat-emossed them with some gold embossing powder. They are just beautiful. I better get to work on coloring and assembling those cards. 

Thanks for stopping in and checking out my latest project. Follow me on IG @craftinbish. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tools for New Paper Crafters

Are you a new paper crafter?         Hi crafty friends! If you're here checking out my blog it's because you're a paper enthusiast like me. Today's discussion is for those who are new to the world of paper crafting and are curious about what basic supplies every paper crafter needs in their arsenal to make beautiful pieces they'll love and want to share. Here are my top five supplies or supply groups, that have made all the difference in my creations.      The staples of my craft room are scissors, glues and adhesives, paper, and ink. If you're going to make cards, art journals, collages, or create happy mail you'll need these basic items to get started. Stamps are also another important staple in the craft room, but we'll leave that for another post.  1. Cut   You'll need a large pair of scissors to make bigger cuts for things like taking images out of a magazine. You'll also need a smaller pair for fussy cutting or doing detailed cuts in tight

Floral Gold Foiled Greeting Cards

Spellbinders Glimmer of the Month November 2022 Good morning crafty friends. Today I'm sharing with you cards I've made using the Spellbinders glimmer of the month for November 2022, "Glimmer Edge Stylized Floral". One of my favorite features of this month's glimmer plate is that the design is all connected in one piece instead of having separate pieces to manage. This makes foiling and die-cutting a breeze since there's no fussing with aligning all the elements perfectly during the process. You're able to use less foil and cardstock with this design. Thanks, Spellbinders for the efficiency. I also used Spellbinders embossing folder of the month for Nov. 22 to create the background panel. All these cards are A2 size.  Reverse foiling technique colored with distressed oxides. In this first design, I used a reverse foiling technique and a solid plate to pull the leftover image off an already-used piece of foil. I didn't get the foil transfer

“Sew Happy” Card Kit of the Month

Shaker card.  Hey, y’all! I hope everyone is doing well and having lots of fun creating beautiful things. For today's post, I’m backtracking to September 2022 card kit of the month from Spellbinders called “Sew Happy”. This card kit is filled with craft-themed items to create your cards. I made close to 40 cards with all the bits and bobs from the kit!! I'm never disappointed with the value of these card kits.  The card above and below are shaker cards I created using chipboard embroidery hoops included in the kit and a few pieces of acetate from my stash. The card base on top is one from my stash and the base on the bottom is one included in the kit. The only other elements I've added from my supplies are the glitter pieces inside the embroidery hoops and the Pops of Color and Nuvo drops. I appreciate the variety of pieces that are included in the kits because you're able to make cards in so many different styles.  Shaker card. Spellbinders "Sew Happy" Septem